Laura Petersen (@lsp_s) Co-Founder of Student-Tutor earned her B.A. in Psychology from UCLA magna cum laude and went on to earn a Masters in Education, teaching Math and Psychology for 5 years before starting her successful tutoring and test prep company. An entrepreneur, lifelong learner, and master teacher, Laura loves finding ways to do better with less and leverage tools and tricks for better efficiency, productivity, and fun. She also helps the IMA with podcast write-ups, social media, and articles inspired by the guests.
Student-Tutor is a tutoring and test prep company that started in the Southeast Valley of Phoenix, Arizona but with online options has clients across the country and increasingly abroad. They excel at helping students raise their grades, increase their test scores, and earn thousands in scholarships to their top choice universities. Student-Tutor takes a team approach and uses technology to keep everyone communicating and accountable. Students, parents, teachers, coaches, tutors, and the S-T staff all work toward S.M.A.R.T. goals together.
“As an entrepreneur in the beginning you really have to jump into that learning curve and learn as much as you can before you can even think about paying someone else and turning it over.” — Laura Petersen
“What are the tools I can download today and start using tomorrow that will make me more effective?” — Dominick Sirianni
Laura Petersen joins the conversation today and shares with Dominick how she went from a purely academic-focused student to a math and psychology teacher to a successful entrepreneur. With strong roots in Education and Psychology, Laura looks for ways to optimize her tutoring company’s time and resources while delivering better content and support to its clients. She shares with us the first of an on-going series of tips, tricks, and tools for marketers and business people to do more with less. Leaving the general and diving into the specific, listen for Laura’s smart business hacks in future episodes.
Show Links & Social
Laura Petersen: [social_link type=”linkedin” url=”http://www.linkedin.com/in/laurapetersen” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”twitter” url=”http://twitter.com/lsp_s” target=”on” ][/social_link] Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Student-Tutor: [social_link type=”linkedin” url=”https://www.linkedin.com/company/student-tutor” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”wordpress” url=”http://www.student-tutor.com/” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”twitter” url=”https://twitter.com/studenttutorusa” target=”on” ][/social_link]
IMA Network: [social_link type=”linkedin” url=”https://www.linkedin.com/company/internetmarketingassociation” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”wordpress” url=”http://www.imanetwork.org” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”twitter” url=”https://twitter.com/IMA_Network” target=”on” ][/social_link]
Dominick Sirianni: [social_link type=”linkedin” url=”http://www.linkedin.com/in/domsir/en” target=”on” ][/social_link] [social_link type=”twitter” url=”http://twitter.com/domsir411″ target=”on” ][/social_link] Email: email@example.com
– Asana productivity and communication tool (robust free version)
– Asana videos to help see how you can leverage the tool
– Life Is Beautiful: [special announcement!] Music, art, and learning festival endorsed by Tony Hsieh of Zappos that happens the weekend after the IMPACT15 conference in downtown Las Vegas. Born from a new partnership between LIB and IMA, IMPACT attendees will receive VIP packages to enjoy the 4 stages with 70 acts, 50 celebrity chefs and mixologists, 33 artists, and 36 speakers across 9 learning sessions.
– Lots of tips and tricks from Laura including Basecamp, Optimizely, and more!
– Next week: Common Threads Between Educational and Marketing Storytelling with Diane Senffner, the CEO of Cine Learning Productions
– Entertainment Marketing with Claudio Ludovisi, the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Digital, Operational Strategy at NBC Entertainment
Impact 15: Annual conference held in September – join us! impact15.org[:]