By pHin, by ConnectedYard
Job Description: Content Manager
We are seeking a Content Marketing Manager to help build and manage a robust demand generation/email nurture marketing program. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work closely with the entire marketing team as well as with other cross-functional teams to drive demand and nurture current customers on our products. You will lead implementation of new strategic programs, as well as overseeing, producing and executing already-established programs. We need a strong, passionate writer who can pick up any email platform, dig into our vast data to figure out what moves the needle, and own/deploy all email or survey campaigns that generate results in a channel that is thriving with even greater growth potential.
This person will also be in charge of publishing/creating articles for our blog and social platforms to grow visibility, influence, and membership. This position supports all aspects of the organization’s communications, public relations, event marketing, and member engagement activities.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
‘In this role the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own and Manage Email Marketing: Develop and execute email campaigns for lead qualification and nurturing, customer survey campaigns, and support all email marketing needs across the various teams. Maintain email calendar and work with internal stakeholders to schedule emails to support our initiatives.
- Develop Email and blog Content: Using email marketing best practices and working with the different cross functional teams, build email, blog and other lead generation content as well as nurture content.
- Manage Campaigns: Implement, manage and track performance of campaigns across email, events, blog, community social, and other lead generation or nurture activities. Demonstrated ease, comfort, and interest in working with CRM tools, social media platforms, and WordPress. Show a high level understanding of standard email engagement metrics as well as community social key success metrics.
- Grow subscriber lists: Increase engagement among existing subscribers with strong nurture content to engage our current members and keep them loyal to the brand.
- Produce strong blog content: Own our blogs, including posting 3rd party content and developing our own internal content.
- Editing Guru: Be the chief editor! Advanced knowledge of all grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing rules. Edit any print, promotional, content, email, ad copy, packaging materials, posters, etc. that will be used to represent our brand.
- Own CRM and Blog platform tools: Experience using HubSpot, WordPress, and Survey tools will be important for success in this role.
- Team player: Partner with different cross function teams to create compelling and effective email and blog content.
- Create and maintain calendars: develop and own all email and blog content calendars.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong ability to produce clear, compelling and persuasive writing for print, email, blog, social, and ad copy on a wide range of topics for different audiences.
- Demonstrate experience managing website content on blogs, social media vehicles, and all email marketing campaigns to achieve business goals while juggling many projects.
- Proficiency with WordPress, HubSpot, Social media platforms, and other CRM tools.
- Passion for writing, and all things email.
- Strong attention to detail and a methodical, task-oriented mindset that can also be creative.
- Extremely well organized, understands how to prioritize, and is able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An ambitious self- starter who is also a great team player and can wear many different hats
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Knowledge of email best practices and success metrics across different channels
- Keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
- Experience developing a content strategy for both acquisition, nurture, and SEO with a new brand.
- Highly motivated, ready to jump in and take ownership of key projects with a huge desire to learn and grow in the start-up space.
pHin is reinventing pool and hot tub care with a Bluetooth® Smart and WiFi-enabled sensor, a mobile phone app, and premeasured chemicals that take away the guesswork.With the smart sensor continuously monitoring your pool’s water chemistry, a notification is sent to your phone when you need to balance the water quality, and color-coded, water-soluble chemical pods are shipped right to your door.One-touch pool service is also available, and a qualified pool technician is there whenever needed at a pre-negotiated price. pHin is the first product from ConnectedYard Inc. headquartered in Palo Alto, California, which is dedicated to being the center of the connected backyard.Beginning with pool and hot tub care, our smart technology will expand to include everyday components involved in outdoor living. Our goal is to bring intelligence, simplicity and fun to the backyard.