Supervisor: Director of Advancement
Job Supervised: None
Employee Classification: Exempt
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the marketing and communication initiatives that foster the school’s mission, vision and strategic goals supporting academic, admission and fundraising objectives. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for implementing a strategic marketing plan and maintaining effective communications internally and externally. Ideal candidate will be a hands-on, high performer with a “get it done” attitude. Skills in graphic design, e-newsletter, website management and social media desired.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maximize public awareness of TVT and its mission and ensure a single voice.
- Develop and implement a successful Marketing and Communications plan that focuses on core messages through a variety of channels including: print, web advertising and online and social media platforms.
- Implement priorities and strategies for the communications, marketing and events plan while collaborating with other staff and volunteers to ensure deadlines are met with quality, consistency and accuracy.
- Coordinate & implement the design and production of school publications to include, but not limited to, Annual Report, viewbook, brochures, booklets, invitations, programs handbooks, forms, and weekly newsletter.
- Manage website (write and update relevant sections; news and events postings).
- Maintain School’s social media presence including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Manage branding and style guide to ensure that standards are consistent in printed materials and clothing.
- Manage the budget and vendor agreements ensuring that deliverables are met.
- Produce and distribute press releases and pitch letters regarding school events and student achievements.
- Produce video and photographs for publication and distribution.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all community organizations.
- Provide communications support services and consultation to school administration. 13. Administer school website and related portals.
- Monitor all TVT communications to parents.
- Coordinate bi-annual Parent Survey and twice a year NPS surveys.
- Coordinate and maintain photo archives.
- Create, organize, and distribute e-communications program.
- Oversee advertising campaign including design supervision and placement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and three years of marketing/communications experience; or, any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
1. Communications, marketing, branding, advertising and public relations concepts, techniques, and strategies.
Excellent oral and written communication and editing skills.
Graphic design production of collateral such as annual reports, marketing brochures and event invitations and programs.
Website content management and design.
Email marketing and e-newsletter production.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and graphic design software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Word Press or InDesign; Blackbaud and WhippleHill experience a plus. Social media management.
Budgeting and financial and statistical record-keeping.
Production and time management. Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
Ability to manage contractors/consultants.
1. Ability to maintain confidential and positive working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students, school and community organizations and the general public.
2. Coordinate and facilitate communications and serve as liaison between administrators, staff, parents, students, school and community organizations and the general public.
Please send resumes to: Celeste Signorino, Director of Advancement, firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Irvine, California, TVT is a pluralistic Jewish day school with approximately 500 students. Its mission is to challenge students to think critically and creatively to achieve
their fullest potential in an inclusive, pluralistic environment; to prepare students to be leaders, active learners and responsible citizens; and to succeed at the finest colleges and universities. TVT also strives to strengthen its students’ Jewish identities and inspire them to lead meaningful lives, steeped in Jewish values. Tarbut.com