How do you become the number one producer at a top-ranking lender, surpass $100 million in production during your short tenure, grow your team, and raise a family?
Meet Kendra Rommel.
Kendra Rommel, Sr. Account Executive at Civic Financial Services, has spent her career providing simplified lending solutions for her clients. In addition to being the number one residential producer at CIVIC for 2019, Rommel also recently reached a lending milestone at the company, funding over $100 million in volume since joining the private money lender in 2016. She has subsequently been inducted into CIVIC’s “Million Dollar Club,” recognizing the select few individuals who have achieved this coveted and well-deserved accolade.
In a traditionally male-dominated industry, Rommel attributes much of her success to hard work and investing in partnerships – working off of referrals for 23 years. Her book of business, including investors and brokers alike, has expanded so much so that she has created The Rommel Team, consisting of two additional Account Executives and a designated operations team to support continued growth.
While $100 million is a huge milestone for Rommel, her ultimate goal is to inspire others and leave a positive mark on the world. A proud mother of two and a committed athlete, Rommel strives to be the best version of herself so she can continue to encourage others to do the same. With a positive, humble, and tireless attitude, she has proven this recipe for success to be true as she continues to wow her clients, and dominate the leaderboard.
We wanted to learn more about Rommel and the powerhouse producer that she has become, so we got down to business to get the inside scoop:
• How long have you been in the mortgage industry? Since 1996 (right out of high school!)
• What do you love most about this business? I love the fast pace & opportunity that this industry brings.
• What do you consider to be your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement has been raising my children.
• What inspires you the most? I am inspired by creative, kind-hearted, humble, risk-taking ENTREPRENEURS, and my children! My children inspire me the MOST!
• What geographical areas do you specialize in? CA, NV, AZ, UT, TX
• What does success mean to you? Success to me is many things! Raising healthy-minded, grounded, spirit-filled, humble children who see the value in contributing to their communities and society. Remaining healthy by keeping my mind and body a priority. Consistently growing while inspiring others so that there is a positive impact and/or legacy long after I leave the planet.
• What do you think is the key to success? I don’t have a magic formula for success as I don’t feel I have “arrived”; however, the success I have gained to date I attribute to hard work and lots of sacrifices. Being prepared, having knowledge about my message and my product, remaining humble, and grinding every day .
• What sets you apart from other loan originators? My operations background. I have rolled up my sleeves at various points of the process, so knowing how to package and structure a file is a huge advantage. AND HUSTLE! I work hard. I answer my phone. I wake up every day and act broke … and no one wants to be broke.
• What quote do you live by/is your life philosophy? “Everything is a season.”
• What would we find surprising to learn about you? What you see is what you get! I love sports and value the necessity of fitness. I have been doing CrossFit for over 8 years as a part of my daily routine. My family and I ride dirt bikes, camp, fish, hike. We spend most of the year in the desert, river, and/or the mountains in our motorhome. At the age of 14 years old I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease, which led to many obstacles and self-journey. Although no one likes being ill, I would not have changed anything. Having a life-changing illness has given me a perspective and appreciation for life that I don’t feel I could have gained from any other experience. Health is a gift and no one is guaranteed a clean bill or another day. It also reminds me PEOPLE ARE IMPORTANT. The ones we love and appreciate should be shown and told regularly!
• What advice do you have for other leading ladies in the real estate industry? 1. Remain healthy so you can be the best version of yourself, every day. It gets challenging, especially as a mother, but prioritizing your mind and your body for your health’s sake is a must! 2. Don’t tip-toe or be apologetic. Be straightforward and get what you need. 3. Find trust in delegating. At first, it might be difficult to let go, but embrace it, lead, grow, and inspire!
Rommel attests that real estate investing can often be complex, especially when it comes to financing, but private money lending provides a unique alternative for acquiring investment properties. In comparison to conventional lending, private money lending offers advantages and solutions that some people don’t even realize exist. This includes faster closing times (sometimes as quickly as 7 days) and requiring bank statements/stated income only (as compared to providing a gamut of W2s or income tax documents).
“At the end of the day, it’s all about being a great partner,” says Rommel. “It’s what I love so much about working at CIVIC. The trust and support available to me every day enables my team to grow and serves as the reasons why our partners trust us to be a reliable source for them.”
To learn more about Civic Financial Services and how The Rommel Team can support your real estate investment needs, click here or visit TheRommelTeam.civicfs.com.