In evaluating your overall choices, we used a fairly standard list of traditional and more recent marketing channels, including: print, trade shows and events, direct mail, radio, press releases, video, TV, online display, email marketing, SEO/PPC, social media, mobile etc.
On the whole, reported behaviors were largely in line with not-so-recent trends across a number of industries: print is down and digital is up.
- Direct mail, TV Advertising and Public relations are not used by most, and will also some of the greatest level of decrease in 2015
- Social Media, SEO/PPC and Email marketing will in contrast see an increase in budget allocation and focus in 2015
- Video will see the largest increase in “Start using” and a strong increase in use by those already using, reflecting the overall up trend in use of dynamic content
- Interestingly, Radio advertising is also enjoying a regain of interest and a strong usage base among responders
- Print media and Trade Shows will experience the largest decrease in use in 2015, though overall, trade shows will still slightly grow
You can find other installments of our study on Key Marketing Concerns for 2015 here.