Last Thursday, on a clear and sunny afternoon, the IEC put on a signature event called “The Creative Process”, hosted by Artist Larry Armstrong, CEO of Ware Malcomb. The venue, Armstrong’s magnificent ocean view estate in San Clemente which he designed himself! Photo gallery here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x6lkq6m0vvw3apf/AABZHSvb2bSGina6HWOwTKdna?dl=0
As the cool, crisp, ocean breeze hit our event, we engaged top thought-leaders on discussions that ranged from the United States Armed Forces to Ai driven, Machine Learning platforms powered by Microsoft.
One of the stand-out topics of the evening was on “the value of art”. Some can say a painting is worth $4, while others might argue its value at $4,000,000. His work, both in Art and Architecture, is an ongoing exploration of the concept of Layers. He has always been aware of, and fascinated by Layers in the Natural and Built Environment. Layers in Space and Time. Layers in Intellect, in Emotion. Synthesis and Interpenetration of Form, of Solid and Void, of Chaos and Order, of Simplicity and Complexity.
More on Armstrong here: http://lraart.com/
Armstrong’s work spans the most complex commercial constructions sites in the world, to a small white, 2’ canvas, splattered in oils, that depict modernism in its most colorful form. Please take a moment to view his fascinating design of the Post-911 war memorial he’s designed for Welcome Home Troops non-profit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YmOvNU6W7k&feature=youtu.be
Additional speakers included:
- Lisa Grossman, Prosecutor, Orange County District Attorney’s office, GRIP (Gang Prevention) Program
- Lisa Sparks Ph.D, Chapman University, the OC Education Revolution
- Dr. Gregory Daddis, Author, the Impact of our Military
- Carson Kropfl, Shark Tank / Branson update
- Peter Lopez, Senior Program Manager, World Wide Azure Specialized Compute, Microsoft
- Bill Eldien, CEO, Ketel One Vodka, Nolet tasting experience
Thank you for those who attended the excitement, energy and experience!
For more information on joining the IEC, please inquire within.